In Damnation (Blue Moon Saloon, Book 1), Jessica makes raspberry-chocolate muffins that Simon drools over. That’s actually a recipe I’ve been using for a while. Why don’t you give it a try?
You can use different types of berries (raspberry is Simon’s favorite) and try it with or without chocolate chips. My kids and I like using fresh raspberries from the local fields, but I’ve “cheated” in winter and used frozen berries, too. They all come out really tasty, so enjoy!
Jessica’s berry-chocolate chip muffins
• 1.5 cups flour
• 3/4 cup oats
• 1/4 cup wheat germ
• 1/3 - 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 3/4 cup low fat milk
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• dash of vanilla
• 1 cup berries (fresh or frozen)
• 1/3 - 1/2 cup chocolate chips
• Mix the milk, oil, egg, and vanilla first
• In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients
• Mix the wet and dry ingredients thoroughly, then add the berries and chocolate chips.
• Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F/200°C.
• Make a topping from a mix of oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon and sprinkle over the muffins before baking
Have fun baking and hand-feeding these scrumptious muffins to the hunky bear shifter of your dreams!